Friday, January 4, 2013

Paty Jager's Other Creative Passion

Happy New Year!

Are you ready to rock 2013?

I'm over @ Author Jessa Slade's Blog today. Join me, and help her Get Organized!

____________________________________

Welcome, Paty Jager, author of Secrets of a Mayan Moon 

What are your thoughts on my New Year’s resolution to Take Time for Other Creative Passions?
 
 
Paty Jager
Secrets of a Mayan Moon

Paty says, "Bold Colors Spark my Creativity.

Over the years I’ve had many creative passions. Several of them I can no longer do, thanks to all the typing I do for writing.  Cake decorating and crocheting  were a couple that I enjoyed. But my wrists can’t take the extra stress beyond my typing. 

I became passionate about sewing as a new mother. I enjoyed making dresses for my daughters and finding the perfect fabric for curtains and pillows that transported my dreary rental into a nice place to be. I’ve kept that creative passion. Only now I sew for the grandchildren and piece together quilt tops.

Finding the fabric and a pattern for a quilt is the most fun. I love bold colors and tend to be swayed by them when selecting fabric for a quilt.  My daughter who has a quilting machine, rolls her eyes most of the time at my combinations, but I figure if they make me happy that’s all that matters.

I’ve made and given baby quilts to friends and family.  Those are fast to make and I like making the quilts fit in with the parents likes.

I do more creative sewing in the winter when there’s less to do outside.  I’m working on a sunflower quilt right now that has bright pinks and yellows. Yes, my daughter squints when she looks at it! LOL, Paty   

Places where you can connect with me: 
Website               Blog        Goodreads         Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         

Thanks to Paty for stopping by. What about you, readers? Leave a comment!

best,
Cathryn
... red hot romance!

And sign up for My Newsletter for a chance to win goodies!

THE RESOLUTION TOUR - January 1 - 9, 2013

Maggie Jaimeson - Take a Vacation
Jessa Slade - Get Organized
Paty Jager - Volunteerism
Linda Mercury - Creating a Literary (or Creative) Life
Jenna Bayley-Burke - Eat Healthier
Cassiel Knight - No More Procrastination
Cathryn Cade - Take Time for those OTHER Creative Passions
Su Lute - Reduce Stress: Find and Follow Your Bliss
Jamie Brazil - Shrink My Closet